FIND OUT ABOUT CELC …
where capable students discover the joys of learning!
Now Accepting Applications for 2015-16 Academic Year
Application checklist for admission:
1. Parents are encouraged to schedule a visit to observe our learning community in action.
2. Fill out a CELC application questionnaire.
3. Provide school records (records release form) for the last two years, copies of any and all reports, testing and/or other information pertaining to a child’s academic and social/emotional history.
4. Provide two completed teacher reference forms and/or personal reference forms. We require that these forms be given to the current teacher(s) and/or personal reference(s) along with an envelope stamped and addressed to CELC. To ensure confidentiality these forms must come directly from the teachers/references to CELC.
5. Schedule a visit day. The purpose of the visit is for us to observe the student and for a student to get to know the program by participating in academic classes as well as a field experience. CELC moves around quite a bit throughout the academic year, and we want to observe how a student responds to activities both in and outside the classroom environment. Student will need to have completed day visit form when visiting.
After application and student visit have been completed, we will make a determination and notify you whether or not the student is accepted at CELC.
Please let us know if you have any questions along the way. We thank you for your interest and look forward to working with you.
Parents and grandparents are invited to schedule a meeting that will explain the format and goals of this individualized learning community, which encourages children to learn, grow, communicate and create, nurturing their highest potential while absorbing CELC’s guiding principles of respect, integrity and responsibility.
To schedule a visit or for more information, contact:
Melinda Alcosser or Maria Mortali
References available upon request.