Set your child up for long-term success at CT Experiential Learning Center
CELC promotes professional matching services to meet students’ needs and best match students with tutors and/or hands-on experiential learning opportunities!
The CELC Experience
Our main goal is to harness our students’ flowing energy and potential in a positive and purposeful way.
> Educational Coaching & Academic Tutoring
> Expeditionary Learning
> Meet Us
> Contact Us
Educational Coaching and Executive Function Support
Learning Expeditions and Leadership Training
- 1Parent Workshop7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- 3Science Investigations and Laboratory Study10:00 am - 11:30 amCell Biology focus Hands-on lab investigation, reading for information, following a procedure, developing experiments to test ideas, exposure to writing results in lab report format. Includes a hands-on science experience visit to PhoenixSong Biologicals Lab in Branford. Ages 9 – 13. Thursdays 10:00 – 11:30 a.m.: 3, , ...Small Group Writing1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- 12Hands-on Math9:30 am - 10:30 amBuild math skills in a fun and collaborative way. For those who love math and for those with any type of math anxiety. This is a place to explore the space of all things math, through music, sports and games, and more! Ages 9 – 13. Saturdays 9:30 – 10:30 a.m.: 12, 19 NOV; 3, 10, 17 DEC 2022 Cost: $25/class or $115 , ...
- 15Farm Visits and Service-Learning Experience10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- 17Science Investigations and Laboratory Study10:00 am - 11:30 amCell Biology focus Hands-on lab investigation, reading for information, following a procedure, developing experiments to test ideas, exposure to writing results in lab report format. Includes a hands-on science experience visit to PhoenixSong Biologicals Lab in Branford. Ages 9 – 13. Thursdays 10:00 – 11:30 a.m.: 3, , ...Small Group Writing1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- 19Hands-on Math9:30 am - 10:30 amBuild math skills in a fun and collaborative way. For those who love math and for those with any type of math anxiety. This is a place to explore the space of all things math, through music, sports and games, and more! Ages 9 – 13. Saturdays 9:30 – 10:30 a.m.: 12, 19 NOV; 3, 10, 17 DEC 2022 Cost: $25/class or $115 , ...
- 29Farm Visits and Service-Learning Experience10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Read What Parents & Students Are Saying About CELC!
My son did well in many subjects, but Algebra was a weak spot for him.
With Maria’s coaching and support, taking the subject one small step at a time, he overcame and conquered Algebra. Maria went above and beyond, working with him during the summer break between eighth grade and the start of high school to ensure he didn’t just “get through it”. Maria patiently worked with him to truly understand the concepts because she knew how important it was to build a strong Algebra foundation for the math courses that would follow as he headed off to high school and eventually, the International Baccalaureate program from which he graduated. Even when he doubted himself and said, “I’m just not good at math”, Maria helped him see that was not true. I don’t know how she does it, but I am thankful she does. She provided a safe, encouraging, and nurturing support environment so that he not only accomplished a proficiency in Algebra but also his attitude toward math changed for the better – Algebra/math were not to be feared.
Max would read aloud to her and then talk about what he read. She asked about each story, urging him to take his time and think about how words, which he could identify, could be used to describe characters or events in the text. Maria’s calm encouragement helped Max relax and gain confidence in his reading.
Applying her skills as a tutor, Maria gained his trust, which made a huge difference when she next tutored Max in writing. Using a process similar to her reading support, she helped Max learn to structure his writing using words and phrases he knew to build sentences and write cohesive paragraphs.
In May, Max graduated from Flagler College with a B average. Maria’s helpful interventions at a critical point in his intellectual development made a significant difference in all his studies.
There is a place for any personality or learner. Through our everyday experiences we build relationships, and we become like a family. We go out into the world together. We work together and grow together. It is the best feeling to feel like you always have a place. You can just be you and find your place at CELC. It doesn’t matter what we are doing — hard and dedicated math, out in the woods, or walking the streets in Washington, D.C. – we always have a place to learn and have fun.
The individual attention is amazing. My child learned so much and is now quite independent. Looking forward to another year!
CELC has provided an incredibly healthy and nourishing academic environment that has challenged him in a variety of ways and helped him grow significantly as a person and a student.
Maria and Melinda are extraordinary teachers. The individual attention given to my daughter while there made a huge difference in her future schooling. She was exceptionally well prepared for high school and earned her EMT license before graduating! I am proud to say my daughter is now a college graduate!
Thank you, Melinda and Maria. You set her on a path toward success!
Reach us now! Complete this form to have someone contact you to discuss how we can best help you achieve your objectives!
We Can’t Wait to Hear From You!
Join our mailing list now to find out about CELC’s upcoming programs.
CT Experiential Learning Center (CELC) is a 501c3 tax-exempt corporation. CELC welcomes students, families, and staff of diverse nations, religions, ethnicities, gender identities, and sexual orientations to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to the CELC learning community.